Friday, December 11, 2015

White camellia

The recent rains in San Jose have encouraged 
my drought-discouraged sasanqua camellia to bloom. 
I took this ant-enhanced photo yesterday.   jhhymas



White camellia---
my father loved this garden
now so forlorn

Kiyoko Tokutomi

Floating Dreams, edited by Garry Gay
Two Autumns Press, 2001, n.p.

A long time ago, Kiyoko told me about her father's garden. One thing I remember is that he had built it so that a stream could refresh the pond for the koi, yet not carry the fish away. He was quite proud of the way he had figured this out.  jhhymas

1 comment:

  1. A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying. See the link below for more info.


    #discouraged
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete