Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The dog's name is Penny

Here is Jerry Ball, one of the earliest members of Yuki Teikei Haiku Society,
at the YT Haiku Retreat at Asilomar last weekend.
I think there are only three of us left who joined soon enough to know Mr. Kiyoshi Tokutomi,
and Jerry is one. When I went over to talk to them this time, he said, "Penny says . . .."
and looking at his wife, I said, " I thought your name was Sandy." 
She laughed and told me it was the dog who was named Penny.
This is how I found out that there is someone besides my husband who
quotes from the wise words of dogs. . .
We were all thrilled to get to spend a little time with Jerry.    jhhymas



winter moon
my neighbor draws the curtains
his wife opens them


Jerry Ball


 This is Jerry's moon link from one of our renku:
California Surf



No comments:

Post a Comment